Leeda Management Ltd was established in 2008 by David Lee, BSc C.Eng MICE F.InstSMM, a chartered civil engineer with over 30 years sales management and business development experience within a wide variety of industrial process market sectors. David has worked both in the UK and the Middle East within the building and construction market sectors including a detailed design role for a leading consultant in London and on a construction project for a local contractor as Chief Engineer for the Jubail 1 Industrial City Complex in Saudi Arabia.
His sales management and business development experience has involved multi-disciplinary engineering project environments including building, civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control. He has worked both within the Corporate and SME (small & medium sized enterprises) business sectors both as an employee, director and shareholder.
Extensive experience in offshore and onshore oil and gas exploration, refining, petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, water and waste water treatment, power generation including coal, gas, nuclear and oil fired stations, nuclear enrichment, gas transmission and distribution networks and many other industrial process market sectors.
Direct sales management experience with Key Accounts and Projects in the UK as well as extensive experience in providing technical sales support to generalist sales teams throughout the EMEA Region. This involved most of the major blue chip end user operating companies and process engineering contractors that would design, build, finance, operate and maintain major production plant facilities throughout the EMEA Region.
In summary, we have extensive experience of undertaking business development assignments within a wide range of industrial process, building and construction market sectors.Whilst business development is a critical activity in shaping the future direction of your company, it can often be difficult to be truly objective when you are involved on a 24/7 basis with the current operational activities. As a director / owner of a business, it is also often difficult to find the time to step back from the day to day activities to consider the potential future profitable growth opportunities for the company. For these reasons, engaging the services of an independent business development consultant to challenge the status quo can generate significant added value benefits.
For a review of the range of customer driven sales and business development services provided by Leeda Management, please click here.
The following are examples of the diversity of business development assignments that have been undertaken by David to date:
- Market research for an international plastic pipework fittings manufacturer looking to penetrate the UK house building and construction market sectors.
- Business Development for a Swiss based water recycling company with a special focus on applications within metal finishing industries and silicon chip manufacturing plants
- Business Development for a major US drainage products manufacturer wishing to target major project opportunities with airports (civilian and military), highways and large distribution depots throughout the UK.
- Business Development for a leading manufacturer of specialist heating ovens with a specific focus on generating incremental new business within primary pharmaceutical plant sites on a worldwide basis.
- Business Development support to a major manufacturer of hazardous area equipment which is used within the broad industrial process market sector including refineries, petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical plant sites.
- Business Development support to a specialist distributor and installer of electrical trace heating systems including thermal insulation and cladding, power & control cabling, control panels and related detailed design and engineering. This activity involves detailed proposals for subcontract work associated with major EPC Projects within the oil and gas market primarily in the EMEA Region although projects in other geographies have been secured.
- £18M UK Power Project Development for a private landlord to build a 20MW gas peaking plant and 10MW battery storage facility.